Pretty good. Definitely doesn't require 14 mins to cook. Don't skip the fresh herbs either.
Photo: Johnny Autry; Food Styling: Charlotte Autry
More From Cooking Light
Total: 55 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 331
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 13.6g
- Carbohydrate: 49.6g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 664mg
- Calcium: 160mg
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2/3 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1/4 cup small fresh oregano leaves
- 1. Let the dough stand at room temperature, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 2. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
- 3. Roll the dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface, and pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle cornmeal over pizza stone; place dough on pizza stone. Spread sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with cheese. Bake at 500° for 14 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is lightly browned. Remove from oven; brush outer crust with olive oil. Arrange prosciutto over pizza; top with oregano. Cut into 6 large slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note