- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2/3 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1/4 cup small fresh oregano leaves
- calories 331
- fat 11.4 g
- satfat 4.6 g
- monofat 1.5 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 13.6 g
- carbohydrate 49.6 g
- fiber 1.4 g
- cholesterol 29 mg
- iron 2.6 mg
- sodium 664 mg
- calcium 160 mg
How to Make It
Let the dough stand at room temperature, covered, for 30 minutes.
Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
Roll the dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface, and pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle cornmeal over pizza stone; place dough on pizza stone. Spread sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with cheese. Bake at 500° for 14 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is lightly browned. Remove from oven; brush outer crust with olive oil. Arrange prosciutto over pizza; top with oregano. Cut into 6 large slices.