Delicious and unique! Great for a summer luncheon, served with some nice chewy bread. Yum!
Prosciutto and Melon Salad with Cantaloupe Vinaigrette
A fresh interpretation of the classic Italian antipasto of melon and prosciutto, this recipe adds arugula to the mix. Ripe cubed cantaloupe ensures a smooth dressing. Prepare vinaigrette a day in advance, and refrigerate.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 110
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 15.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 321mg
- Calcium: 61mg
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) cubed cantaloupe
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups arugula leaves
- 1 medium honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, and cut into 24 slices
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut into 24 slices
- 8 very thin slices prosciutto (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
- 2. Place 1 1/2 cups arugula on each of 8 salad plates. Top each serving with 3 honeydew slices, 3 cantaloupe slices, and 1 prosciutto slice. Drizzle each serving with about 1 tablespoon dressing; sprinkle evenly with pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads