I didn't particularly care for this salad. However, I think my mistake was serving it as a main dish. I think this would be a great salad to bring along to a barbeque or party though. I used whole wheat pasta, and would recommend backing off a little on the shallots as they were a bit overwhelming, I also thought the mint was a strange addition that I didn't really enjoy.
Prosciutto and Melon Pasta Salad
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
This pasta salad features legume-based pasta, arugala, diced cantaloupe, prosciutto, and a dressing with some spice. Then the whole salad is topped with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 16.8g
- Carbohydrate: 44.3g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 518mg
- Calcium: 134mg
- 8 ounces uncooked legume-based farfalle pasta (such as Barilla Plus)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 3/4 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup thinly vertically sliced shallots
- 2 tablespoons torn mint leaves
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 2-inch-long strips
- 1 ounce shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; cool to room temperature.
- 2. Combine lemon juice and next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor; process to blend. With processor on, slowly pour olive oil through food chute; process for 15 seconds or until blended.
- 3. Combine cooled pasta, arugula, cantaloupe, shallots, mint, and prosciutto in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing over salad just before serving, and toss gently to coat. Top salad with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes