You can prepare the melon mixture up to two hours ahead, but don't stir in the prosciutto and salt until right before topping the toasts. We call for an entire box of toasts because some will be broken.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup finely diced cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup finely diced honeydew
- 4 thin slices prosciutto, finely chopped (about 2 oz.)
- 8 large fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (3.5-oz.) package miniature toasts (about 32)
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl. Arrange toasts on a serving platter. Top each with 1 rounded teaspoonful cantaloupe mixture.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Ile de France Le Petit Pain Grillé.
- Red Bell Pepper-Feta Toasts: Stir together 1/3 cup finely chopped roasted red bell pepper, 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese, 2 Tbsp. minced golden raisins, 1 1/2 Tbsp. minced drained capers, 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, 5 thinly sliced basil leaves, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange 32 miniature toasts on a serving platter. Top each toast with 1 rounded teaspoonful red bell pepper mixture. Makes 8 to 12 appetizer servings. Prep: 20 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note