Good and easy to prepare. The family liked this one. Served with baked fries. Perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
Prosciutto, Lettuce, and Tomato Sandwiches
Update the traditional BLT sandwich with this scrumptious stacker. The grocery deli will slice prosciutto in very thin pieces, making three ounces of the good stuff more than enough for four sandwiches. For a zesty and pretty garnish, attach 1 small sweet gherkin pickle to the top of each sandwich with a toothpick. A toss-together fruit salad makes a speedy side.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 243
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 11.8g
- Carbohydrate: 28.4g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 808mg
- Calcium: 62mg
- 8 (1-ounce) slices 100% whole-grain bread
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup baby romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 3 ounces very thin slices prosciutto
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil bread 2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- 3. Combine mayonnaise, basil, mustard, and garlic; spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over 4 bread slices. Layer 1/4 cup lettuce and 2 tomato slices over each serving; top evenly with prosciutto and remaining bread.
- Fruit salad: Combine 1 teaspoon fresh lime rind, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon honey, and a dash of salt; drizzle over 4 cups mixed precut fruit.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This