- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup shaved prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup French breadcrumbs (homemade)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 teaspoons white wine Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Red Pepper Mayonnaise
- Garnish: lemon slices
How to Make It
Combine crabmeat, prosciutto, and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Toss gently.
Stir together egg and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Gently fold egg mixture into crabmeat. Cover and chill at least 1/2 hour. Shape mixture into 12 patties, using a scant 1/4 cupful for each. Place patties on a wax paper-lined baking sheet; cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Cook 6 patties in 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from skillet; set aside, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining patties, butter, and oil. Serve warm with Red Pepper Mayonnaise. Garnish, if desired.