I have this at least 20+ times. One of our staples for dinner. Super easy and delicious. I substitute Italian sausage or chicken and it taste great. Have used all different types of pasta and it works.Highly recommend this pasta
Prosciutto and Asparagus Pasta
Photo: Annabelle Breakey
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 610
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 21g
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated fat: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sodium: 880mg
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- About 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chile flakes
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic, and mushrooms until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add prosciutto and asparagus and cook until asparagus is bright green, about 2 minutes. Add cream, 1/4 cup cheese, the pepper, and chile flakes. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until sauce has thickened, about 4 minutes.
- 3. Pour sauce with vegetables over pasta and toss to coat. Serve with more parmesan.
Nutritional analysis is per 2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note