Wrap individual slices in aluminum foil, and freeze. Pull one slice out in the morning before going to work and it should thaw by the time you're ready for a break. Or remove slices from foil and reheat on a paper plate in the microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) about 1 minute.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 319
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 43.2g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 370mg
- Calcium: 137mg
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 1/2 cups warm fat-free milk (105° to 115°)
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour, divided
- 1 cup semolina or pasta flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces thinly sliced provolone cheese, divided
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Stir in 3 cups bread flour, semolina, oil, and salt to yeast mixture to form a stiff dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes); add enough of remaining bread flour, one tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Punch dough down; roll into a 15 x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Place on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Place 2 ounces cheese down the center of the short length of dough; top with 2 ounces prosciutto and 2 tablespoons chives. Fold one short end of dough over filling. Place 2 ounces cheese, 2 ounces prosciutto, and 2 tablespoons chives on top of fold. Fold remaining short end over filling, pressing firmly to eliminate air pockets; pinch seam and ends to seal. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cover focaccia, and let rise 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Uncover dough. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Remove from baking sheet; cool on wire rack. Cut loaf crosswise into 10 slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note