Pronto Beef Chili
Notes: Serve chili with hot cooked black beans or pinto beans and warm corn tortillas; accompany with a sliced-orange and -onion salad dressed with seasoned rice vinegar.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 322
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Protein: 36g
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 1672mg
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- 1 onion (1/2 lb.), peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 can (19 oz.) red enchilada sauce (also called red chili sauce)
- 1 package (about 2 lb.) cooked boned beef pot roast with gravy
- Reduced-fat sour cream
- Thinly sliced green onions (including tops)
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, stir onion, garlic, and cumin seed until onion is limp, about 5 minutes. Add enchilada sauce and stir until simmering.
- 2. Discard any solidified fat from beef and sauce. Scrape sauce from meat and stir into enchilada sauce mixture. Cut beef into 3/4-inch cubes and add to pan; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beef is hot, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 3. Spoon chili into bowls. Serve with sour cream and green onions to add to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews