- 1 onion (1/2 lb.), peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 can (19 oz.) red enchilada sauce (also called red chili sauce)
- 1 package (about 2 lb.) cooked boned beef pot roast with gravy
- Reduced-fat sour cream
- Thinly sliced green onions (including tops)
- calories 322
- caloriesfromfat 19 %
- protein 36 g
- fat 6.8 g
- satfat 2.7 g
- carbohydrate 30 g
- fiber 0.6 g
- sodium 1672 mg
- cholesterol 85 mg
How to Make It
In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, stir onion, garlic, and cumin seed until onion is limp, about 5 minutes. Add enchilada sauce and stir until simmering.
Discard any solidified fat from beef and sauce. Scrape sauce from meat and stir into enchilada sauce mixture. Cut beef into 3/4-inch cubes and add to pan; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beef is hot, 5 to 8 minutes.
Spoon chili into bowls. Serve with sour cream and green onions to add to taste.