Profiteroles with Coffee Ice Cream
More From Southern Living
Other: 45 Minutes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Parchment paper
- 1 1/2 cups coffee ice cream
- Hot fudge topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Stir together flour and sugar.
- 2. Bring butter and 3/4 cup water to a boil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Immediately remove from heat, and quickly stir in flour mixture all at once. Beat with a wooden spoon until mixture is smooth and leaves sides of pan, forming a ball of dough. Gradually add eggs, beating until mixture is smooth and glossy.
- 3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Remove from oven to a wire rack. Pierce 1 side of each cream puff with a knife to allow steam to escape. Cool completely on baking sheet (about 20 minutes).
- 5. Cut each cream puff in half horizontally. Dollop coffee ice cream onto bottom halves; top with remaining halves. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Drizzle with hot fudge topping just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts