Prizewinning Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Bake in oven to ooey, gooey, cheesy heaven
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese softened
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh chives minced
- 1 pinch(s) dried thyme
- 1 stick(s) butter melted
- 2 tablespoon(s) freshly grated onion
- 2 tablespoon(s) parmagiano reggiano
- 2 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 12 Hawaiian rolls
- 8 ounce(s) black forest ham
- 8 ounce(s) gruyere cheese (or swiss)
- 1 tablespoon(s) poppy seeds optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, chives and thyme. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, onions, Parmesan and Worcestershire sauce. Set aside in a warm spot to keep the butter from solidifying.
- Cut all 12 rolls in half. Place the roll bottoms in a 9- by 13-inch pan. Place equal amounts of ham (about 3 slices) on each roll. Top with the gruyere. Spread a generous amount of the chive and cream cheese on the roll tops. Place the tops on top of each sandwich bottom.
- Pour the butter mixture over the top of the sandwiches. Cover with foil and bake until the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake an additional 5 minutes to toast the buns.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by leekaye and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note