Prize-Winning Barbecue Rub
More From Oxmoor House
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Sprinkle rub evenly over meat, poultry, or fish. Rub in seasonings with fingers. Grill as desired.
- Grilled Ribs: Rub 3/4 cup Prize-Winning Barbecue Rub evenly onto 4 pounds pork spareribs in a shallow roasting pan; cover with aluminum foil, and refrigerate overnight. Bake ribs, covered, at 300° for 3 hours. Drain excess liquid. Brush ribs with some of 1 1/2 cups favorite barbecue sauce (we tested with Sticky Fingers) blended with 1 Tbsp. Prize-Winning Barbecue Rub. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat (300° to 350°) for 15 to 20 minutes, basting heavily with rest of sauce. Yield: 4 to 6 servings.
- Cedar-Planked Barbecue Salmon: Soak 1 cedar plank in water overnight; drain. Place a 2-pound salmon fillet, skin side down, on soaked plank. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp. Prize-Winning Barbecue Rub evenly over flesh side of salmon. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 25 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note