Prince Charlie's Chicken
A quick chicken recipe with Scottish inspiration. The Drambuie and the cream make the sauce incredibly rich, which is nicely balanced by the tartness of the apples.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves pounded evenly
- 2 ounce(s) Drambuie
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 3/4 stick(s) butter
- 1 ounce(s) almonds finely chopped
- 2 apples
- Flour and season the chicken breasts and fry in half of the butter. When they are well browned on both sides, sprinkle with Drambuie, add the chicken stock, cover and simmer for ten minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, peel and core the apples. Cut them into thick slices and cook gently in the other half of the butter in a separate pan until fairly soft - do not stir to avoid mashing. Remove the chicken to a serving dish, when ready, and keep warm in the oven.
- Make the sauce by adding more Drambuie, if required, to the stock left in the pan and gently stir in the cream. Heat but do not boil. Add the roasted flaked almonds. Cover the chicken with this sauce and garnish with the sliced apple.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JFrink and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note