Dough Rise: 1 Hour
- 1.5 cup(s) 2% milk warm
- 1.5 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 package(s) yeast
- 2 ounce(s) butter cut into pieces
- 4 cup(s) bread flour
- 3/4 cup(s) baking soda soda bath
- 1.5 quart(s) water soda bath
- 1 whole(s) egg yolk egg wash
- 1 tablespoon(s) water egg wash
- Combine milk, sugar and salt in mixer.
- Sprinkle yeast into mixture, wait 5 min.
- Add butter and flour, mix with dough hook, (The longer the chewier),
- Cover, set for 60 minutes.
- Add baking soda to 1.5 qt water in large pot, bring to boil.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat egg yolk and 1 tbsp water in small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces.
- Roll out into long cylinder, twist into pretzel shape.
- Boil pretzels one at a time in soda bath for 30 seconds, Then place on lined cookie sheets.
- Brush on egg wash, then sprinkle with pretzel salt or other toppings.
- Bake for 12-14 mins at 450 degrees F.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by fastaducky and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pretzels Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Snacks