- 8-10 cups of white bread flour
- 4 cups of white wheat flour
- 4 cups of warm water
- 4 TBSP sugar
- 1 1/2 TBSP yeast (two packets)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP salt
- 3 quarts of water
- 2 quarts of water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- rock salt
- 1. Proof yeast in water with sugar
- 2. Add oil and salt
- 3. Mix in white wheat flour
- 4. Mix in white flour until dough is just tacky
- 5. Let rise for 1 1 1/2 hour
- 6. Divide into thirds. Divide each third into 16 12" ropes. Shape into pretzels. Freeze
- 7. Preheat oven to 450 F. Boil 3 quarts of kettling water. Add baking soda.
- 8. Kettle 6 pretzels at a time for one minute. Dip into 2 quart water bowl. Drain, pat off surface water, let dry on rack, place on baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- 9. Beat the eggs with the warm water. Use as wash on the surface of the pretzels.
- 10. Sprinkle with rock salt and bake until golden brown (about 10 minutes), flipping after top is done.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by davesnyd and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pretzels: Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads