Pretzel-Crusted Chicken with Cheddar Mustard sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 ounce(s) salted pretzels
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh thyme leaves chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 2 cup(s) Milk
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Sharp Yellow cheddar heese
- 2 tablespoon(s) Spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup(s) flat-leaf parsley finely Chopped
- 1/4 small yellow onion finely Chopped
- 1 sour dill pickle finely Chopped
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet with a 1/4-inch of vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle a little water into four medium food storage baggies. Place 1 chicken breast in each bag and seal it up, pushing out excess air. Use the bottom of a heavy pot or pan and pound each breast until flat, just shy of busting out of the bag. Repeat with the other 3 chicken breasts.
- Place the pretzels in a food processor or blender and grind until fine. Transfer the ground pretzels to a shallow dish, add the thyme and some salt and pepper. Crack and beat 2 eggs in a second shallow dish with a splash of water. One at a time, coat each chicken breast in the egg and then the ground pretzels.
- Add the pretzel-coated chicken breast to the hot oil. Cook in a single layer, in 2 batches if necessary, about 3 or 4 minutes on each side, until the juices run clear and breading is evenly browned.
- While the chicken is frying, in a medium saucepot over medium heat, melt the butter and add the flour to it. Cook flour and butter for 1 minute and then whisk in the milk. When the milk comes to a bubble, stir in the cheese and mustard with a wooden spoon. Season with a little salt and pepper, and remove cheese sauce from the heat.
- Transfer the fried pretzel-crusted chicken breast to a serving plate, drizzle with the mustard cheddar sauce, then sprinkle with a little parsley, finely chopped onion and sour dill pickle. Serve lemon wedges alongside.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pretzel-Crusted Chicken with Cheddar Mustard sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes