This was okay. My kids really liked it, but I found it bland. I thought that with the cheese and the pretzels, there would be good salty flavor, but they actually lacked a salty taste. A lot of dishes for an okay recipe.
Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Nuggets
Photo: Ben Fink; Styling: Stephana Bottom
More From Allyou
Bake: 25 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 355
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 182mg
- Sodium: 638mg
- 2 cups salted pretzel twists (about 3 oz.)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F and coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Place pretzels and Parmesan in a food processor and process until coarsely ground and well mixed, 20 to 30 seconds. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. Combine flour and pepper in a separate bowl. Beat eggs with 1 tsp. water in a third bowl.
- 3. Roll a chicken piece in flour mixture until thoroughly coated. Dip in eggs, allowing excess to drip off. Transfer to pretzel mixture and turn until thoroughly coated. Place chicken on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pieces of chicken. Bake until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes