- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup ground pecans
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and spices in a medium mixing bowl; add to creamed mixture, stirring well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. With floured hands, roll each ball into a rope, 10 to 12 inches long; twist ropes into pretzel shapes. Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove pretzels from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note