Pretzel and Peanut Crusted Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bag(s) salted pretzels
- 1/2 cup(s) honey roasted peanuts coursley chopped
- 3 sprig(s) fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 16 chicken tenders or 2 pounds chicken breasts cut into 1/2 in strip
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- honey mustard or bbq sauce for drizzling
- Pre-heat the oven to 300°F.
- Place the pretzels and peanuts in a food processor or blender and grind until fine. Transfer to a shallow dish, add the thyme, season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Crack and beat the eggs in a second shallow dish with a splash of water.
- Coat the chicken in the ground pretzels and peanuts, then the eggs, then the pretzels again.
- Pre-heat a large skillet with EVOO, enough to go a quarter-inch up the sides of the skillet (eyeball it), over medium-high heat. Add the coated chicken pieces to the hot EVOO. Cook in a single layer, in two batches if necessary, about 3-4 minutes on each side, until the cutlets' juices run clear and the breading is evenly browned. Transfer the finished chicken strips to the oven to keep warm as you cook remaining strips.
- Serve topped with a drizzle of honey mustard or barbecue sauce and Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Honey alongside.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by oneal1234 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pretzel and Peanut Crusted Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes