Pressed Italian Sandwiches with Sun-Dried Tomato Spread
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 8 Hours, 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 211
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 13.8g
- Carbohydrate: 30.7g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 1003mg
- Calcium: 81mg
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf ciabatta bread, halved horizontally
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 1 (3.53-ounce) package prosciutto
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained, patted dry, and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1. Combine tomatoes and boiling water in a small bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Drain.
- 2. While tomatoes stand, hollow out top half of loaf, leaving a 1/2-inch border around top inside edge. Reserve bread pieces for another use.
- 3. Process tomatoes, cream cheese, garlic, and pepper in a food processor until smooth. Spread tomato mixture on cut sides of bread halves. Layer 10 basil leaves on bottom bread half, and top evenly with half of prosciutto. Top evenly with pepper slices and remaining prosciutto. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Layer remaining 10 basil leaves over sandwich; place top bread half on sandwich.
- 4. Wrap sandwich in plastic wrap, and place on a baking sheet; place another baking sheet on top of sandwich, and weigh down with several heavy cans. Chill 8 hours or overnight. Cut into 6 equal servings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This