Excellent! Nicely complex flavor. Easy to take along on a picnic and tastes great at room temperature. I brought these on a picnic with 4 adults and we ate them all!
Pressed Italian Sandwiches
More From Sunset
Other: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 398
- Calories from fat: 66%
- Protein: 20g
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 8.5g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 1449mg
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- 1 ciabatta loaf (about 8 by 14 by 2 in.)
- 1/2 cup store-bought black or green olive tapenade
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced spicy Italian cold cuts, such as coppa, capocolla, or hot salami
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 leaves fresh basil, torn into bite-size pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cut ciabatta in half lengthwise. Spread bottom half with tapenade. Drizzle cut side of top half with vinegar and oil.
- 2. Arrange salami on top of tapenade, followed by cold cuts, prosciutto, mozzarella, red pepper, and basil. Sprinkle with pepper to taste and place top half of loaf on filling.
- 3. Wrap sandwich thoroughly with plastic wrap. Place a heavy cutting board or other flat object on top of sandwich and weight it down with a 2- to 4-lb. weight (such as a large pot or six-pack of soda). Let sit 30 minutes to 2 hours. Unwrap, cut into eighths, and serve.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches