One of my family's most favorite sandwiches! So good. A little time consuming but oh so worth it. Cilantro, dill pickles, mustard and hawaiian bread. Who would have thought! Amazing
Pressed Cubano with Bacon
Garlic oil gives these sandwiches a crisp, flavorful crust. Hawaiian rolls provide a slightly sweet contrast to the salty ham, pickles, and mustard. To make this easy supper even quicker to prepare, use precooked bacon. Serve with banana peppers.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 432
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated fat: 6.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 27.1g
- Carbohydrate: 47.6g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 1053mg
- Calcium: 292mg
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (3-ounce) Hawaiian rolls, sliced in half horizontally
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 8 (1/2-ounce) slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and halved
- 12 dill pickle slices
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 6 ounces thinly sliced 33%-less-sodium ham
- 2 ounces thinly sliced deli roasted turkey breast
- Combine oil and garlic.
- Spread cut sides of rolls evenly with mustard. Place 1 cheese slice, 2 bacon halves, 3 pickle slices, and 1/2 teaspoon cilantro on bottom half of each roll. Divide ham and turkey evenly among bottom halves of rolls; top each serving with 1 cheese slice and top half of roll. Brush garlic oil evenly over outside of rolls.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches to pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches, and press gently to flatten. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and bread is toasted (leave cast-iron skillet on sandwiches while they cook). Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note