Pressed Cuban-Style Sandwiches
Submarine-style layering of ham, chicken slices, cheese, and a spicy Kosher pickle between a sliced length of Cuban bread distinguishes Pressed Cuban-Style Sandwiches from ordinary sandwiches.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 50 Minutes
- Calories: 315
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Sodium: 761mg
- 8 ounces Cuban bread
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 ounce shredded Havarti cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 ounce lower-sodium sliced ham
- 2 tablespoons chopped spicy kosher dill pickle
- Cooking spray
- 1. Cut bread in half horizontally.
- 2. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Sauté 3 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 10 minutes. Slice chicken; toss with garlic.
- 3. Spread spicy brown mustard over bottom half of bread; top with Havarti cheese, ham, and chicken. Sprinkle chicken with chopped pickle; cover with top half of bread. Return pan to medium heat; coat with cooking spray. Add sandwich to pan; top with another heavy skillet to weigh down. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Cut sandwich crosswise into 4 equal portions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note