We love Cuban Sandwiches, and now with turkey it is just as good. I set up a tray for my family with different ingredients for sandwiches, makes for an interesting outcome of flavors. We usually serve the sandwiches along with a salad or light tomato soup.
Pressed Cuban Sandwiches
Charles E. Walton IV
- 2 soft Portuguese rolls or soft French sandwich rolls, sliced lengthwise
- Prepared mustard, to taste
- 1 large dill pickle, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 ounces roast turkey, sliced
- 4 ounces ham, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces sliced Swiss or provolone cheese
- Butter, softened
- 1. Spread each roll with mustard. Arrange half of pickle, turkey, ham, and cheese slices on each roll; press together gently. Spread outsides of rolls with butter.
- 2. Place sandwiches in cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Put second skillet directly on sandwiches. Press down, and grill 5 to 10 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted and sandwich is flattened and browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This