Like a restaurant sandwich. Next time I'll prepare double the galic dijon butter so that I have it on hand for additional sandwiches as the week goes on.
Pressed Cuban Sandwich with Garlic Dijon Butter
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 166
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 19.6g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 776mg
- Calcium: 194mg
- 1 whole head garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 (3-ounce) hoagie rolls, cut in half lengthwise
- 8 sandwich-length pickle slices
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced turkey ham
- 8 (3/4-ounce) slices low-fat Swiss cheese (such as Jarlsberg)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare butter, remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves); drizzle with oil. Wrap head in foil. Bake at 350° for 1 hour; cool 10 minutes. Separate cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins. Combine garlic pulp, mustard, and butter in a small bowl; set aside.
- To prepare sandwiches, scoop out inside of roll halves, leaving a 1/2-inch shell. Spread about 2 teaspoons garlic butter over cut sides of top and bottom halves of each roll. Arrange pickles, turkey, ham, and cheese evenly on bottom halves of rolls; top with top halves.
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 2 sandwiches to pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches, and press gently to flatten. Grill 4 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and bread is toasted. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 sandwiches. Cut the sandwiches in half diagonally, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pressed Cuban Sandwich with Garlic Dijon Butter Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This