My first time making Pralines and they were really good. I think I beat a little too long in the end b/c I had a hard time getting them out quick enough. I have since tried a recipe that called for evaporated milk and I think this recipe is far superior.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
- 3 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring mixture constantly. Cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes, or until a candy thermometer registers 236° (soft ball stage).
- Remove mixture from heat, and add butter (do not stir). Let stand until candy thermometer reaches 150°. Stir in pecans and vanilla, using a wooden spoon; stir constantly until candy begins to thicken.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls, working rapidly, onto wax paper. Let stand until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts