Praline-Sweet Potato Cheesecake
It's natural for this cheesecake to have cracks on the top, but they will be covered by the buttery praline mixture.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 287
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 7.2g
- Carbohydrate: 42.5g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 223mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 (15-ounce) cans sweet potatoes in syrup, drained
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- To prepare praline, coat a 10-inch sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Place 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 3 tablespoons water, corn syrup, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until sugar dissolves, stirring as needed to dissolve sugar evenly (about 5 minutes). Continue cooking 5 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat; carefully stir in pecans, 2 teaspoons butter, and salt. Immediately pour onto prepared foil, spreading to a thin layer. Cool completely. Break praline into small pieces. Place in a food processor, and process until coarsely ground.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare crust, combine cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, melted butter, and 1 tablespoon water in a bowl. Toss well with a fork. Press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- To prepare filling, place sweet potatoes in food processor; process until smooth. Remove from processor. Combine brown sugar, cheeses, and sour cream in processor; process until smooth. Add pureed sweet potatoes, flour, and the remaining ingredients, and process until smooth. Add one-half of ground praline mixture; pulse 3 times or until blended. Pour filling into crust. Bake at 325° for 55 minutes. Turn off oven. (Do not remove cheesecake from oven.) Let cheesecake stand in oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill 3 hours or overnight. Sprinkle top with remaining ground praline mixture before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This