Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons cane syrup*
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups finely chopped toasted pecans
- Parchment paper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1. Beat cream cheese, softened butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 1/2 tsp. salt at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 2 to 3 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add flour, beating until smooth. Divide dough into 4 equal portions; flatten each into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill 2 hours.
- 2. Stir together melted butter, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 tsp. vanilla, and 1/2 tsp. kosher salt.
- 3. Unwrap 1 dough disk, and roll into a 10-inch circle (about 1/4 inch thick) on a lightly floured surface. Spread about 3 1/2 Tbsp. butter mixture in a thin layer on dough circle, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges. Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans over butter mixture, pressing to adhere. Cut circle into 12 wedges, and roll up wedges, starting at wide end. Place, point sides down, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Chill 20 minutes. Repeat procedure with remaining dough, butter mixture, and pecans.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together egg and 1 Tbsp. water. Brush each roll with egg mixture. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown, switching baking sheets halfway through. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes; transfer to wire racks, and cool.
- *Maple syrup may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This