ok-this is now a family classic - but don't use cool whip: whip 2 cups heavy cream w 1/2 c p sugar and 2 t cinnamon. FROST SIDES TOO. DO DAY AHEAD....it keeps fine in the fridge
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Whipped Cream Topping
- Chopped pecans
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Pour into 2 greased 9-inch round cakepans; sprinkle evenly with 3/4 cup pecans. Cool.
- Beat eggs, sugar, and oil at medium speed with an electric mixer. Add pumpkin and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients; add to pumpkin mixture, beating until blended. Spoon batter evenly into prepared cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake layers in pans on wire racks 5 minutes; remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate, praline side up; spread evenly with Whipped Cream Topping. Top with remaining layer, praline side up, and spread remaining Whipped Cream Topping over top of cake. Sprinkle cake with chopped pecans. Store in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts