This is sinfully delicious. I highly recommend it.
Praline-Pecan French Toast
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Other: 8 Hours, 35 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) French bread loaf
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Cut 10 (1-inch-thick) slices of bread. Reserve remaining bread for another use.
- 2. Stir together brown sugar and next 2 ingredients; pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- 3. Whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients. Arrange bread slices over pecans; pour egg mixture over bread. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake bread 35 to 37 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads