Every time we've made this pie for guests it's a hit!!! Best key lime pie recipe. Think it's because of the crust. It's awesome!!
Praline Key Lime Pie
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Prop Styling: Heather Chadduck
More From Southern Living
Total: 7 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. jarred caramel topping
- 2 (14-oz.) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons Key lime or lime zest
- 1 cup fresh Key lime or lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Stir together graham cracker crumbs, next 2 ingredients, and 1/2 cup toasted pecans until blended. Press crumb mixture on bottom, up sides, and onto lip of a lightly greased 10-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 45 minutes).
- 4. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup toasted pecans over bottom of crust; drizzle caramel topping over pecans.?
- 5. Whisk together sweetened condensed milk and next 3 ingredients. Gently pour into prepared crust.
- 6. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until almost set. (The center will not be firm but will set up as it chills.) Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 4 hours.
- 7. Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Dollop or spread over pie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts