Every time we've made this pie for guests it's a hit!!! Best key lime pie recipe. Think it's because of the crust. It's awesome!!
Praline Key Lime Pie
This chilled, creamy pies is the dessert equivalent of a swimming hole--so refreshing you can't help but dive in. Garnish with lime slices and lime zest curls, if desired.
More From Southern Living
Total: 7 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. jarred caramel topping
- 2 (14-oz.) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons Key lime or lime zest
- 1 cup fresh Key lime or lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Stir together graham cracker crumbs, next 2 ingredients, and 1/2 cup toasted pecans until blended. Press crumb mixture on bottom, up sides, and onto lip of a lightly greased 10-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 45 minutes).
- 4. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup toasted pecans over bottom of crust; drizzle caramel topping over pecans.?
- 5. Whisk together sweetened condensed milk and next 3 ingredients. Gently pour into prepared crust.
- 6. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until almost set. (The center will not be firm but will set up as it chills.) Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 4 hours.
- 7. Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Dollop or spread over pie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note