This is not only easy to make, it makes your cakes look extra special to have this on top
Do not prepare this frosting ahead as it will harden very quickly.
This recipe goes with Chocolate-Praline Cake
Yield: Makes about 1 3/4 cups
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and whisk in 1 cup powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in toasted pecans, stirring gently 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture begins to cool and thicken slightly. Pour immediately over cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts