What wonderfully simple delicious dish. Prep work a snap. Popped it in the oven the next morning along with bacon and had a great start for the weekend. Easy recipe to cut in half too.
Praline French Toast
This is like having dessert for breakfast! A rich brown sugar glaze with crunchy pecans tops off buttery bread for a special breakfast or brunch.
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 (1"-thick) slices French bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 (2-ounce) package chopped pecans (3/4 cup)
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a wire whisk until blended. Pour 1 cup egg mixture into a greased 9" x 13" baking dish. Place bread in dish; pour remaining egg mixture over bread. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 350°. Combine butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and pecans in a glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and microwave at HIGH 30 seconds. Pour over bread.
- 3. Bake, uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes or until set and golden. Serve with bacon, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note