- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Combine egg white (at room temperature), flour, salt, and almond extract in a medium mixing bowl; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. (Do not under beat mixture.) Fold in pecans.
- Drop each pecan half onto a well-greased baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 25 minutes. Turn oven off; cool in oven at least 1 hour. (Do not open oven door.) Remove pecans from baking sheet; store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note