- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons loosely packed orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How to Make It
Bring butter, brown sugar, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in maple syrup, walnuts, pecans, almonds, orange zest, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Let stand 30 minutes. Spoon into 3 (8-oz.) jars. Cover with lids. Store in refrigerator up to 7 days.
TO USE THE DRIZZLE: Spoon over pancakes or French toast, or serve with soft cheeses.
PACKAGE IN: Weck 1/4 Liter Cylindrical Jar ($95; mightynest.com)