I've been making this cheesecake for years. Everyone says that this cheesecake is the best they have ever had. It does take work, but not difficult at all. It is so worth the work.
- 2 cups crushed shortbread cookies (about 28 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 4 Pralines, coarsely crumbled
- 5 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 (8-ounce) containers sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Garnish: crumbled Pralines
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into bottom and up sides of a greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle coarsely crumbled Pralines over crust.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 1 3/4 cups sugar, flour, and vanilla, beating until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Stir in whipping cream and lemon rind. Pour in crust. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° on lower oven rack 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325,° and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until almost set. Cool on wire rack 1 hour.
- Stir together sour cream and 1/3 cup sugar; spread over cheesecake.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours. Remove sides of pan. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts