I slaved for two hours making this masterpiece of pure decadence. You got to put your back into it but you will no doubt relish the results. I made it for Thanksgiving and it was smash across the board with everyone who managed to get a slice of this delicatessen. I am now required by my spouse to deliver this on birthdays and special occasions. I highly recommend you give it a try!
Photo: Southern Living
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 2 cups crushed shortbread cookies (about 28 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 4 Pralines, coarsely crumbled
- 5 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 (8-ounce) containers sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Garnish: crumbled Pralines
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into bottom and up sides of a greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle coarsely crumbled Pralines over crust.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 1 3/4 cups sugar, flour, and vanilla, beating until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Stir in whipping cream and lemon rind. Pour in crust. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° on lower oven rack 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325,° and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until almost set. Cool on wire rack 1 hour.
- Stir together sour cream and 1/3 cup sugar; spread over cheesecake.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours. Remove sides of pan. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts