Praline Chiffon Cake
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 7 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Make a well in center; add oil, egg yolks, water, and flavoring. Stir just until moistened.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) in a large mixing bowl until foamy; add cream of tartar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan, spreading evenly with spatula. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove from oven, and invert pan. Cool 40 minutes, and remove cake from pan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note