This is, by far, the best cake recipe ever. The cake, frosting, and sugared pecans make it a super special cake to make. I would agree with those who added a little more powdered sugar to the frosting so that it sets better on the cake and looks like the picture.
Praline Bundt Cake
This praline bundt cake gets raves for being moist, flavorful and beautiful! Something about it evokes a feeling of Southern nostalgia.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 22 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16-oz.) package dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Praline Icing
- Sugared Pecans
- 1. Arrange 1 cup pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- 2. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add brown sugar, beating until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 3. Sift together 2 1/2 cups flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat batter at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in toasted pecans and vanilla. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- 5. Prepare Praline Icing, and spoon immediately over cake. Sprinkle top of cake with Sugared Pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note