- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups peeled, sliced Rome or other cooking apples
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
How to Make It
Fit 1 piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions.
Stir together sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Stir in apples; spoon mixture into crust. Dot with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle evenly with lemon juice. Top with remaining piecrust; fold edges under, and crimp. Cut several slits in top.
Bake pie at 400° for 45 minutes on lower oven rack, shielding with aluminum foil after 30 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Remove from oven, and let cool.
Melt 1/4 cup butter in a small saucepan; stir in brown sugar and whipping cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook 1 minute, and remove from heat. Stir in pecans, and let stand 5 minutes. Slowly drizzle mixture over pie.