I have a question. When do you add the beer? Is there no icing? Just wondering . I haven't made it and do not know whether I will or not. It sounds interesting. This rating is not correct. It wouldn't let me post thie without adding a rating. Tutumama
Prairie Beer Cake
What can I say - my Mothers recipe for cake with beer in it. It may sound strange but it is good! There is no frosting in her recipe but you could add a butter-cream frosting for good measure!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) flour sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cloves
- 1 cup(s) shortening
- 2 cup(s) brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cup(s) pecans finely chopped
- 2 cup(s) beer your favorite kind
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice and cloves into a bowl - then set aside.
- With a mixer, cream the shortening, gradually add sugar, beat until light. Add eggs, beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour to the sugar mixture and mix well.
- Fold the dry mix into the batter.
- Mix in the beer.
- Spoon into a greased 10 inch cake pan
- Bake at 350 deg for ~1 hour
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TNeubauer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note