Power Nachos are our successful attempt at turning these favorite snacks into a mini-meal that's loaded with fresh veggies and filling, protein-packed beans.
Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 10 chips plus toppings)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 393
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 571mg
- Calcium: 304mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (15.5-oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves, finely chopped, plus leaves for garnish
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces multigrain tortilla chips
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Salsa (for serving)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2. In a medium bowl, mash the oil, 1 cup beans, chopped cilantro, and 2 TBSP lime juice. In another bowl, toss the celery, onion, 3/4 cup beans, and 1 TBSP lime juice.
- 3. Spread chips on a baking sheet; cover with the cheese. Bake until cheese melts.
- 4. Top the hot nachos with the bean mixtures, avocado, and salsa; garnish with cilantro leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note