Powdered Sugar Meringue
Yield: meringue for one 9-inch pie
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine egg whites (at room temperature) and cream of tartar in a medium glass or metal mixing bowl; beat until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves. Beat in vanilla.
- Spread meringue over hot pie filling, carefully sealing to edge of pastry. Bake as directed in each pie recipe.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note