More From Southern Living
- 3 pounds powdered sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons white icing color
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until a candy thermometer reaches 105° (do not overheat). Use immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Wilton White-White Icing Color.
- Tricks of the Trade:
- Make sure the Poured Fondant is warm when you pour it onto the cake. White icing color keeps the fondant from looking transparent.
- If desired, use food coloring paste to tint the fondant for the small cakes.
- Cake-decorating supplies can be found at crafts stores, specialty cake shops, larger discount stores, and online at Sweet Celebrations (www.sweetc. com) or Wilton (www.wilton.com).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note