This pork recipe with linguine easily doubles to feed a crowd or to provide leftovers. Try making this family-style dish next time you're craving Italian flavors.
Southern Living DECEMBER 2006
1. Prepare linguine according to package directions; drain. Toss with butter. Set aside, and keep warm.
2. Place pork between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet.
3. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge pork in flour mixture, dip in beaten egg, and dredge in breadcrumbs.
4. Sauté pork, in batches, in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Arrange pork in a single layer in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
5. Stir 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil into pasta sauce. Top pork evenly with pasta sauce, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately with hot buttered linguine.
Go to full version of