Pound Cake with Strawberry Glaze
Low-fat lemon pound cake that doesn't taste low-fat Recipe includes marble pound cake variation
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) canola oil
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon rind grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 9 ounce(s) all-purpose flour
- 3.4 ounce(s) whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) light sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) 2% milk
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- Baking spray with flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 2 cup(s) strawberries chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating until incorporated. Stir in vanilla, lemon rind, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- 3. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level. Combine flours, baking powder, soda, and salt. Combine sour cream and milk. Add flour mixture and sour cream mixture alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 4. Spoon batter into a 10-cup Bundt pan coated with baking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
- 5. Combine strawberries and remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook 3 minutes or until thick. Strain through a sieve over a bowl; discard solids. Drizzle glaze over cake.
- Calories: 318 per serving, based on 16 servings.
- Marble cake variation:
- 1. Prepare base recipe through step 3, decreasing granulated sugar to 1-3/4 cups and omitting lemon rind and juice. Combine 1 teaspoon canola oil and 1 ounce chopped bittersweet chocolate in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds until smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa. Remove 2-1/2 cups vanilla batter; add to chocolate mixture, and stir.
- 2. Using 2 ice-cream scoops or 2 large spoons, add batters alternative to a 10-cup Bundt pan coated with baking spray; swirl.
- 3. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
- 4. Combine 2/3 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk, 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; stir until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake.
- Calories: 311 per serving, based on 16 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sixesandsevens and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note