Southern Living MARCH 2011
1. Stir together whipping cream and basil in a small bowl; cover and chill 8 to 12 hours.
2. Cook vinegar and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and stir in pepper; cool completely (about 30 minutes).
3. Stir together sliced strawberries and vinegar mixture in a large bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes.
4. Pour cream mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding basil. Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
5. Serve pound cake slices with strawberry mixture and basil whipped cream.
Total time does not include time for cake.
Go to full version of