The combination may sound strange, but it's incredibly good!! make as directed. This treatment of the berries makes even average berries juicy.
Pound Cake with Balsamic Strawberries and Basil Whipped Cream
More From Southern Living
9 Hours, 17 Minutes
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 5 basil leaves, torn (about 3 Tbsp.)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 (16-oz.) packages fresh strawberries, sliced
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 8 Buttermilk Pound Cake slices
- 1. Stir together whipping cream and basil in a small bowl; cover and chill 8 to 12 hours.
- 2. Cook vinegar and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and stir in pepper; cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- 3. Stir together sliced strawberries and vinegar mixture in a large bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- 4. Pour cream mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding basil. Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
- 5. Serve pound cake slices with strawberry mixture and basil whipped cream.
Total time does not include time for cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note