1. Stir together whipping cream and basil in a small bowl; cover and chill 8 to 12 hours.
2. Cook vinegar and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and stir in pepper; cool completely (about 30 minutes).
3. Stir together sliced strawberries and vinegar mixture in a large bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes.
4. Pour cream mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding basil. Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
5. Serve pound cake slices with strawberry mixture and basil whipped cream.
Total time does not include time for cake.